1. Patrick Mahomes – The two time Super Bowl champ has been successful no matter what obstacles present itself. Mahomes is the highest standard of quarterback play now that Tom Brady has retired. His ability to throw the football from different angles, ball placement, arm strength, and innate ability to read defenses makes him a first ballot Hall of Famer. Last season he threw for over 5,000 yards and had 41 touchdowns as he led the Chiefs to a Super Bowl win over Philadelphia.
2. Joe Burrow – Cincinnati’s signal caller has been compared to the greatest quarterback ever in Tom Brady. Year four is primed to be Burrow’s best season ever as he’s seen everything defenses can throw at him. Opposing defenses will continue to run cover two to eliminate explosive plays which is what Cincinnati loves. He is number one at reading defenses and will dissect them play by play next season. Look for Burrow to have a MVP caliber year as the Bengals look to make another deep playoff run.
3. Trevor Lawerence – There were questions on if Trevor Lawerence was ever going to live up to the hype of being a generational quarterback. His rookie season was a mess due to the lack of leadership from then head coach Urban Meyer. Insert Doug Pederson as the head coach and we watch Lawerence take his game to the next level. In a marquee playoff matchup against Justin Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers, the Jaguars signal caller shined. He finished with 288 passing yards and four passing touchdowns. Jacksonville’s signal caller followed that performance up with a great effort against the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs.
4. Josh Allen – Buffalo is still in search of figuring out what is needed to have a chance to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Josh Allen has had to be a superstar every game for Buffalo to have a chance at winning in the playoffs. For the past few seasons, Allen has lived up to his superstar billing. He can impact the game by effectively running and throwing the ball. Buffalo will always be in the playoff mix as long as Allen is their quarterback.
5. Lamar Jackson – Baltimore got a deal done with Lamar Jackson that will keep him with the Ravens for the next five seasons. Jackson is the most explosive athlete at the quarterback position since Michael Vick. He has the ability to beat teams with his legs and is an underrated thrower of the football. The Ravens invested in their wide receiver room by adding Odell Beckham Jr. and drafting Zay Flowers. I expect Jackson to put up worldly numbers next season which will put him in M.V.P. consideration.
6. Justin Herbert
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Tua Tagovailoa
9. Jimmy Garoppolo
10. Deshaun Watson
11. Kenny Pickett
12. Russell Wilson
13. Mac Jones
14. Ryan Tannehill
Rookie quarterbacks who are projected starters:
Here is a complete list of the NFL power rankings post draft: https://twsn.net/2023/05/post-nfl-draft-power-rankings