With the 2023 NBA Draft on the horizon, it is time to start looking at NBA Draft prospects. First up is guard/ wing Anthony Black out of Arkansas.
- Big frame at 6’5” with good strength. Has already filled out his frame nicely at 19 years old
- High-upside passer with a selfless mindset and lots of versatility flashes. Lobs, wrap-around, dump-offs, cross court passes off the dribble. Also one of this classes best off-ball passers. Always hits the extra pass when available. Good full-court processor
- Extremely comfortable as a pick-and-roll ball-handler. Plays with perfect pace. Reads defenders in the action to reject screens when necessary and find openings into the lane. Great live dribble passer and processor in the pick-and-roll.
- Unreliable shooter at this point. Shot just 30% from three last season. Indicators are mediocre, from clunky mechanics, un-inspiring touch in the lane, and just 71% from the free-throw line last season. Often hesitant off the dribble, defenders go under screens against him in the pick-and-roll, daring Black to shoot
- Not a super diverse slasher, lacking the change of direction in tight spaces, verticality in crowds, left-hand struggles, and touch in the lane. Makes him a bit one-dimensional in this department.
For this ENTIRE scouting report with more strengths, weaknesses, and career outlook, click here: