With the NFL Draft fast approaching and teams deciding which areas of play they need to improve on, The Wrightway Sports Network is releasing our 2nd 2019 NFL Mock Draft for who we think will go where in the 1st round. In a sequel to his podcast co-host Chris Wilson’s Mock Draft 1.0, here is Jack Gaydos’ 2019 NFL Mock Draft.
*1st OVERALL PICK* Arizona Cardinals | QB Kyler Murray (Oklahoma)
Don’t be surprised if the cards trade Rosen to the highest bidder and draft a QB in the first round for the 2nd straight year.
2. San Francisco 49ers | EDGE Nick Bosa (Ohio State)
Bosa is the best player in the draft so this would be a steal for the 49ers if the Cards pick Murray with the 1st overall pick.
3. New York Jets | EDGE Josh Allen (Kentucky)
The Jets need to improve their rushing attack from the edge. Allen would be the perfect fit in Gregg Williams’ new 4-3 defense, highlighted by Leonard Williams at DT and newly acquired CJ Mosley at LB.
4. Oakland Raiders | QB Dwayne Haskins (Ohio State)
With WR Antonio Brown joining the team in free agency, drafting an insurance QB to really put the pressure on Carr would not be a stupid idea. Carr is amidst a 5 year/$125 million deal and won’t be a UFA till 2023.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers | OL Jawaan Taylor (Florida)
The Bucs are in desperate need for a new offensive line- Taylor would help protect whoever they decide to play as their next QB tremendously.
6. New York Giants | DT Quinnen Williams (Alabama)
It’s crazy that Williams will be drafted outside of the top 5, but that is how the cards are going to fall this year with 2 QBs being taken in the top-4.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars | WR D.K. Metcalf (Ole Miss)
With Nick Foles as the new QB in Jacksonville, drafting a fast and strong wide receiver would be a smart choice.
8. Detroit Lions | LB Devin White (LSU)
The Lions defensive line is straight pathetic. Drafting a natural born leader to spark that side of the ball would be the starting point for rebuilding their defense- especially with a defensive-minded HC in Matt Patricia at the helm.
9. Buffalo Bills | DT Ed Oliver (Houston)
I can’t see the Bills passing on Oliver, he would be a steal at this point in the draft.
10. Denver Broncos | QB Drew Locke (Missouri)
The Broncos need a QB and Drew Locke would be the perfect fit in Denver to finally replace the retired Peyton Manning. Jon Elway’s future in Denver might depend on it.
11. Cincinnati Bengals | Brian Burns (Florida State)
12. Green Bay Packers |RB Josh Jacobs (Alabama)
13. Miami Dolphins | CB Greedy Williams (LSU)
14. Atlanta Falcons | OT Jonah Williams (LSU)
15. Washington Redskins | QB Daniel Jones (Duke)
16. Carolina Panthers | EDGE Montez Sweat (Mississippi State)
17. New York Giants | WR A.J. Brown (Ole Miss)
18. Minnesota Vikings | OG Cody Ford (Oklahoma)
19. Tennesse Titans | C Garrett Bradbury (North Carolina State)
20. Pittsburgh Steelers | LB Devin Bush (Michigan)
21. Seattle Seahawks -> Trade pick to New England Patriots | TE Noah Fant (Iowa)
22. Baltimore Ravens | WR N’Keal Harry (Arizona State)
23. Houston Texans | OT Andre Dillard (Washington State)
24. Oakland Raiders | EDGE Clelin Ferrell (Clemson)
25. Philadelphia Eagles | DT Christian Wilkins (Clemson)
26. Indianapolis Colts | CB DeAndre Baker (Georgia)
27. Oakland Raiders | CB Byron Murphy (Washington)
28. Los Angeles Chargers | LB Mack Wilson (Alabama)
29. Kansas City Chiefs | WR Marquise Brown (Oklahoma)
30. Green Bay Packers | OT Greg Little (Ole Miss)
31. Los Angeles Rams | S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (Florida)
32. New England Patriots -> Trade Pick to Seattle | S Nasir Adderley (Delaware)