Here’s who TWSN’s Max Marrero has going in the first round of the NFL Draft (Trades are not included):
- Jacksonville Jaguars – QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
This is a no-brainer. The Urban Meyer-Trevor Lawrence era begins in Duval County.
- New York Jets – QB Zach Wilson, BYU
Wilson’s dynamic playmaking and limitless potential puts him in a prime position to lead the Jets to success.
- Miami Dolphins (via the Houston Texans) – WR DeVonta Smith, Alabama
This year’s Heisman winner is back to catching passes from his college teammate QB Tua Tagovailoa and is poised to help the quarterback’s progression.
- Atlanta Falcons – QB Justin Fields, Ohio State
This one might come as a bit of a surprise considering where he’s been ranked among college qbs of the past two seasons. His inconsistent play and limited sample size have somewhat hurt his stock this year, but Fields lands in a great situation with a coach in Arthur Smith who will be determined to get the best out of him.
- Cincinnati Bengals – OT Penei Sewell, Oregon
The Bengals land themselves a generational tackle in an effort to give QB Joe Burrow the protection he needs to succeed.
- Philadelphia Eagles – WR Ja’Marr Chase, LSU
Philly gets arguably the steal of the draft here by taking the best pass-catcher in college football at 6.
- Detroit Lions – QB Trey Lance, North Dakota State
New coaching staff, new identity for the Detroit Lions. This team starts the true rebuild by moving off of QB Matthew Stafford and take on the Trey Lance project.
- Carolina Panthers – CB Patrick Surtain II, Alabama
Matt Rhule continues his rebuilding of Carolina’s defense by bringing the best DB of this year’s draft to the Panthers.
- Denver Broncos – LB Micah Parsons, Penn State
Denver continues to reinforce an already decent Broncos defense by bringing a transcendent talent at LB.
- Dallas Cowboys – CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech
Jerry Jones addresses the Cowboys’ biggest need defensively and takes a real playmaker in an effort to make their defense more respectable.
- New York Giants – WR Jaylen Waddle, Alabama
The Giants get a much-needed star weapon for QB Daniel Jones.
- San Francisco 49ers – EDGE Kwity Paye, Michigan
GM John Lynch adds a fantastic edge rusher to an already stacked defensive line.
- Los Angeles Chargers – EDGE Joseph Ossai, Texas
Chargers adds the pass rushing they are lacking.
- Minnesota Vikings – LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame
Minnesota desperate to get their defense back on track, takes one of the breakout players of the season.
- New England Patriots – TE Kyle Pitts, Florida
The Pats land the best TE in the country in an effort to fix their offense.
- Arizona Cardinals – OT Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
This is a real sleeper pick at 16. Slater has the potential to reach Penei Sewell-type talent and is a real asset for a Cardinals team trying to sure up protection for QB Kyler Murray.
- Las Vegas Raiders – CB Jaycee Horn, South Carolina
The Raiders break their 1st round streak of getting Clemson and Alabama prospects and get a solid addition to an underachieving secondary.
- Miami Dolphins – OT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
A bit of a surprise here considering the need for more skill players on offense. The Dolphins further strengthen their already improving offensive line, in an effort to protect Tua.
- Washington Football Team – OT Samuel Cosmi, Texas
Instead of going quarterback here, the WFT sticks with bettering the offensive line as they continue rebuilding their offense.
- Chicago Bears – WR Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
Da’ Bears get themselves great value at pick 20, by taking Bateman who is sure to be the replacement for WR Allen Robinson, who is destined to leave in free agency.
- Indianapolis Colts – LB Zaven Collins, Tulsa
Colts continue to add to their elite defense.
- Tennessee Titans – EDGE Gregory Rousseau, Miami
Titans address a dire need by taking one of the best edge rushers in the country at pick 22.
- New York Jets – RB Travis Etienne, Clemson
Frank Gore isn’t the answer for the Jets’ backfield woes, the Jets take their preferred RB early.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – OL Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC
The Steelers focus on fixing their offensive line by taking one of the better interior linemen of this class.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – OT Alex Leatherwood, Alabama
Jags begin giving Trevor Lawrence the protection he needs, by taking NFL-ready tackle Alex Leatherwood.
- Cleveland Browns – DL Christian Barmore, Alabama
Cleveland adds some key depth to an already respectable defensive line.
- Baltimore Ravens – WR Terrace Marshall Jr., LSU
The Ravens give QB Lamar Jackson the big receiver he needs to improve his passing game.
- New Orleans Saints – QB Mac Jones, Alabama
Saints find their replacement for QB Drew Brees.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – LB Nick Bolton, Missouri
The Bucs continue adding to their young defense.
- Buffalo Bills – RB Najee Harris, Alabama
This is a snag for a Buffalo team needing some new life in the backfield. They find themselves with arguably the best running back in this year’s draft.
- Green Bay Packers – EDGE Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Green Bay adds some more youth and speed to their defensive line.
- Kansas City Chiefs – CB Eric Stokes, Georgia
Chiefs inject some life to their beatable secondary.